Management is demanding. The best of us face problems every day, and many of them were out of our control. It’s part of our job, but can leave us mentally drained. I’ve found that by challenging myself in my personal life, I have more energy and a clearer focus at work. Here are some ways that you might consider challenging yourself to re-energize after a long day’s work.
- Take some classes – What do you want to know more about? Take some classes on that subject! This can be fun and challenging. I’ve found out by going back for my master’s degree, my focus at work is more acute. By the way, if you’re looking for a challenging and enlightening MBA, I would encourage you to check out the EMBA program at the University of Nevada, Reno. http://www.unr.edu/degrees/emba/online-emba #unrbrand
- Volunteer for a favorite cause – There are many charities out there trying to help those less fortunate. There are few things better in life than helping other people. It’s good for the soul, too!
- Coach – If you have children who play sports, sign up as a coach if possible. Even if you know very little about the sport, the time you spend with the children aiding their learning and working towards a common goal can help bring clarity to other times in your life you spend leading (such as at work).
- Become an expert at your hobby – Spend the extra time mastering your hobby and find others to share it with. Many times there are local groups you can connect with to share in your passion.
- Blog! – Sharing your thoughts with the world is a scary endeavor. I’m sure you have something very valuable to contribute to others, and blogging about is a great way to share. Platform by Michael Hyatt is an excellent resource to get you started with blogging. Follow his blog at http://michaelhyatt.com
Let me know how you challenge yourself by leaving a comment. And please subscribe to my blog by clicking Follow!